[Tagging] How to tag the area of a (public) outdoor swimming pool ?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 11:58:34 BST 2012

On 24/05/12 19:33, Peter Wendorff wrote:
> Am 24.05.2012 17:55, schrieb Janko Mihelić:
>> Maybe landuse=recreation_ground?
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Drecreation_ground
>>
>> or maybe even better, leisure=sports_centre + sport=swimming

That does not fit aswell, as it is not a sports_centre but more a kind of
amusement leisure/recreation. I can use it on one of the public swimming pool
but there you find two official swimming pools (outdoor + indoor) and diving
towers plus "under_water_rugby" and canoe_polo is played there. It does not
cover all as you will find a sauna, too.

>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dsports_centre
> -1 for sport=swimming and for sports_centre, except that it's a sport swimming
> pool. Much pools are more for leisure and fun than for sports, and I would
> oppose to interpret e.g. a whirlpool (okay, that's not the case here, I think,
> but I hope you get the point) as indicator for a sports_centre or to tag it as
> sport=swimming.

+1

I only tag the appropriate pools/pitches with sport=*.

By the way, how do I tag a pool which is only for women ? Do we have a gender
access tag so far ?

women=only ?

cu fly