[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – Time domains

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sun Nov 4 20:03:12 GMT 2012

Hi Eckhart.

With a rough scan only - so no details about the content of your wiki page:
Yes, I think it's useful to have this kind of documentation, but IMHO
it's not a good replacement, but an addition to the example based one.
To understand a technical documentation like that you have to understand
everything. To use simple examples it's sufficient to find one that
nearly fits and adapt it to the individual needs, most of the time this
satisfies opening hours, collecting times and much more tags.

I agree, that a more formal description and documentation is useful, and
that this documentation should be the base to check the more human
readable documentation (e.g. the example based one) against, but to
replace it excludes less technical people from this tag even more than
currently, where it's already a slightly complicated one (that's no
offense, but a fact IMHO).

regards
Peter