[Tagging] Car sharing: which kind

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 12:56:22 GMT 2012

On 2012-11-09 23:38, Jaakko Helleranta.com wrote :
> Perhaps the reason is that these are two different things: The first
> bullet refers to car sharing and the second to ride sharing, as far as
> I can tell. See "ride sharing" (aka. car pooling) with your favorite
> search engine. .. There seems to be an abandoned proposal for car
> pooling
> (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Carpool), btw.
Ouch, thanks.  I mean thanks, ouch.
By the organization name
<http://translate.google.be/translate?u=http%3A//www.covoitstop.be/&hl=fr&langpair=auto%7Cen&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8>,
/*covoit*/ = covoiturage
According to Nominatim
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Special_Phrases/FR>
covoiturage -> amenity=car_sharing.
According to you and other translations covoiturage -> carpool
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Carpool>.
And, you're right, that sort of organized hitch hiking is more like the
US left lane carpooling.
I have added this comment
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Carpool#What_is_carpooling.3F>
to Proposed_features/Carpool
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Carpool>.

I have to abandon my tagging project by lack of a suitable tag.
Never mind, they refused to send me a stop points coordinate list anyway.
They say that they have their own map project (which obviously is not
*our* map).

Cheers,

André.