[Tagging] Fuel, additional tags

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon Nov 12 23:58:11 GMT 2012

You can find it at rural pumps throughout the midwest.  Whether or not you
can use farm diesel on the highway seems to vary somewhat, at least in
Oklahoma and the tribal regions within it's multipolygon, you need to have
state- or tribe-issued FARM plates to use it on the highway, since these
vehicles typically only make Farm-to-Market or Farm-to-fuel-pump trips

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 20:00 +0000, Malcolm Herring wrote:
> > On 12/11/2012 19:27, Jo wrote:
> > > The dye added is not the common denominator. We need the British term
> > > for the tax break status of it.
> >
> > Two common terms in use are: "marked diesel" and "agricultural diesel".
> >
> In the UK its usually called Red Diesel.
> Have never seen it sold alongside normal petrol or diesel however, it is
> illegal to drive on a public road when using it.
> I imagine it is something that has to be delivered to farms.
> Phil
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20121112/c6f113d2/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list