[Tagging] Fixed caravan site

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Sun Nov 18 17:39:01 GMT 2012

On 18/11/12 17:24, ael wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:22:00AM +0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> or tag it with place=hamlet, village or neighbourhood (not sure about
>> the size of these trailer parks and if they're isolated or part of a
>> settlement)?
> Thanks for all the replies. In the UK context, none of these seem
> entirely satisfactory. landuse=residential is certainly true, but these
> caravan parks are rather distinctive, not common, and IMHO need a
> distinctive tag. The hamlet tag would only be appropriate in the few
> cases when they are away from towns.

I would just use tourism=caravan_site. You could add tags such a
touring=no (not documented) and/or static=yes (not documented). The
caravan_site tag is widely used and currently renders.

Many UK static caravan sites are not strictly residential, they have a
planning clause prohibiting year-round occupation, so they are really
recreational. I don't think hamlet is appropriate for a caravan site at all.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly