[Tagging] Fixed caravan site

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 21:20:09 GMT 2012

> Many UK static caravan sites are not strictly residential, they have a
> planning clause prohibiting year-round occupation, so they are really
> recreational. I don't think hamlet is appropriate for a caravan site at all.

In the US, we have such recreational sites, variously called campgrounds or
RV parks, some of which have "vehicles" left over the off season. That's
not the topic of discussion.

We also have permanent settlements of wheels-removed "mobile homes"
categorized as single- and double-wides, that are more or less
self-transportable prefabricated housing.  Some of them appear as hamlets
but are commonly organized more as low-cost gated communities. Some zoning
("planning") boards discourage the use of such outside of prepared
developments exclusively such.

Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com