[Tagging] Zones 30 in Belgium (from [talk-be] )

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Wed Nov 21 10:50:35 GMT 2012

A.Pirard.Papou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the replies.  I will add those POIs to OSM.

The feedback was to tag nodes rather than ways; I'm not sure why you
would add want to add "fake" nodes?

> This post is asking taggers and OSMOSE, OSMI et al customers to check that
>
>   * the highlighted fake node's tags are correct and everything that's
>     needed for the genuine way's tag
>   * the nodes are, /*or what should be changed to be*/, visible in
>     OSM* et al but not obtrusive
>   * the instructions are understandable (style suggestions welcome)
>
> Let's be sure to be definitive, once started to be removed, there will
> be no comeback.
> I have presently added one sample at 50.53035 5.71307
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/2024133661>.

That'll appear as a named node.  Why do you need to add this fake node
to the OSM database rather than correctly tagging the ways that you (I
assume) have surveyed as being "maxspeed=30"?

You've set "source:maxspeed" to a forum link that probably won't be
there in a few month's time.  What's the actual source and licence of
the data?

Cheers,
Andy