[Tagging] agglomération

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:53:53 GMT 2012

On 2012-11-21 21:26, Ben Laenen wrote :
> On Wednesday 21 November 2012 20:52:50 sly (sylvain letuffe) wrote:
>> That's the current state of recommendation, but maybe we could start
>> discussing it to see if that's a good idea to apply speed limits on roads
>> inside a bounding polygon
> Polygons are a bad idea to map built-up areas. It's not uncommon that there's
> a bridge where the road on top belongs to the built-up area, but the road
> below does not. Or tunnels going under a built-up area, with the tunnel itself
> not part of it.
>
> Ben
I didn't speak of a polygon (closed ways) but of a relation (a set of ways).
A speed limit on the roads doesn't prevent you driving as fast as you
want in the meadows ;-)
Look at multilinestring, which I see as a swiss-knife way assembly.

In my mind, such a relation is the way to assign the same tags to a
collection of objects making a whole with regard to those tags.  If we
add recursion (nesting), which is very easy to do, that's powerful.

Cheers,

André.