[Tagging] agglomération

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Nov 22 00:34:56 GMT 2012

Hi,

Le mercredi 21 novembre 2012 22:53:53, A.Pirard.Papou a écrit :
> Look at multilinestring, which I see as a swiss-knife way assembly.
>
> In my mind, such a relation is the way to assign the same tags to a
> collection of objects making a whole with regard to those tags.  If we
> add recursion (nesting), which is very easy to do, that's powerful.

You misunderstood the idea/goal behind the multilinestring proposal. It wasn't
created to factorize tags of all members. It was used to record one real life
feature made of 2 or more OSM way objects. (like a long river, a boundary
between two countries all made of hundreds of ways)

A key sentence has been added to avoid using it badly :

"Do not use it to group loose ways : Relations/Relations_are_not_Categories
(like all path in a forest) Example : if the name is not the same for all
those ways, then you'd better not use this relation"

What you are looking for is a category thing to group "loose ways" sharing a
common property but relation weren't made for that :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Relations_are_not_Categories

--
sly (sylvain letuffe)