[Tagging] [OSM-talk-be] Zones 30 in Belgium (from )

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:26:01 GMT 2012

On 2012-11-21 22:45, Jo wrote :
> Adding 1000 nodes to the OSM DB, which are meant to be deleted once
> again seems like some sort of pollution.
I said: non obtrusive. That is, believed to be harmless. That is, not
seen on the map, not retrieved by any application, just appearing on
both OSMI and OSMOSE.
There are many more than 1000 things in OSM whose destination is
destruction.  Resembling this Zone 30, all the FIXMEs here and there,
like quite a number of "admin_level shouldn't be 4" on the borderline of
England (without telling what it should be ("what do I try next, 8?") ).
A French guy on the GPS list said that those POIs saved him money. But I
won't fight for that  ;-)
> On the other hand it would be possible to join them to the ways, since
> the ways need to be split anyway as the maxspeed changes there.
Ouch. They are POIs, so, often near the middle of the way, probably at a
school door.
The best you could do is extend them by 100 m both side.
That would mean that the POIs' data wouldn't be flashing, that nobody
would care to check and that real bogus data would have been introduced.
> Kaly nychta,
Avrio to proï, Gèrètè ( don' t know much). добрый вечер. пока.