[Tagging] piste:type=nordic but without underlying track

OSM osm at bavarianmallet.de
Thu Nov 22 06:52:39 GMT 2012

Hello,

Am 22.11.2012 00:07, schrieb Michael S:
> Or take it the other way round: Would it be ok just to remove the highway tag, and would this fullfill requirements of the open piste map guys? The wiki for piste:type gives no clear answer for me.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Piste_Maps sounds
like they would tag the whole meadow area.
But I would prefer such a pure way approach if it is a regular located
piste.

So in my opinion you gave a correct real-world example for a pure piste
tagging, that the open piste map guys should consider.
So pluck up your courage, remove the highway tag - and take a look at
the piste map ;-)

Georg