[Tagging] Border crossing with restrictions

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Nov 22 19:53:49 GMT 2012

On Thursday, November 22, 2012, Volker Schmidt wrote:

> I have encountered a border crossing Slovenia-Croatia that is only open
> for local residents, but closed for other people (
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/468001076/).
> From the explanations on this web site of the Slovenian government
>
> http://www.policija.si/eng/index.php/component/content/article/2/96-border-crossing
> results that there are several classes of border checkpoints.
> Any suggestions or precedents on how to map such restrictions.
> This argument is obviously also important for routing.

This isn't a slovenia-croatia specific issue, either...there's at least one
situation where there is a tribal territory over the US-Canada border where
indians use customs crossings at their borders, and everyone else uses the
customs crossings in the middle at the US-Canada border.  Of course, this
also depends on resolving the issue with tribal boundaries and autonomy
issues.