[Tagging] access=emergency revisited

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Nov 22 20:35:46 GMT 2012

On Thursday, November 22, 2012, Richard Welty wrote:

> On 11/22/12 2:53 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, November 22, 2012, Richard Welty wrote:
>>
>>  now that i've thought about it another minute, we should use
>>> only-straight-on restrictions
>>> for simplicity and because the configuration (motorway-short turnaround
>>> road-motorway)
>>> doesn't really suit no u-turn restrictions.
>>>
>>>  Sure it does, ways can be used as via.
>>
>>  i was unaware of that. i just tried it in josm and it does pretty much
> exactly what's
> needed, except for a modest bug in the turn relation plugin.

Yeah, I pushed for the change thanks to trying to map some complex
intersections in Salem and Portland.  Salem in particular has a myriad of
intersections that you can't make one turn at an adjacent intersection if
you're coming from a specific way of another intersection.  I got the most
notorious ones in Salem tagged, but there's at least 70 that haven't been
yet there...