[Tagging] Zones 30 in Belgium (from [OSM-talk-be] )

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 22:22:02 GMT 2012

On 2012-11-23 19:48, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote :
> 2012/11/21 A.Pirard.Papou <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
> <mailto:A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>>
>
>     Is the error having no speed limit or having a dummy node showing
>     there should be a limit?
>

> For maxspeed you could either
> a) tag a sign position (on a node) to show: here starts (or continues)
> the speed limit.
> b) and (more important) you should tag the speed limit to the part of
> the highway it applies to.
>
> In your case you can't do a) (because the positions you have are not
> sign positions) and you can't do b) (because you have just node
> positions and don't know where the limit starts or ends).
>
> As this data is not helpful, you shouldn't import it at all.

That has been said 10 times and I (I suppose, why me?) was accused not
to reply.
So I do:  I  think we can stop.  PLEASE!

1) someone now uploaded the POI data to OSB
2) I said several times that, by uploading it to OSM, the helpfulness
would *NOT* be to have meaningful data in OSM but to have innocuous
markers producing OSMOSE and OSMI errors. They would have been spotted
by mappers only and removed once the corresponding Zone30 limit was
mapped or when believed that keeping the markers is vain.  It's written
in the tags. Too difficult to understand.

André.