[Tagging] Proposed feature - age groups in schools

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:56:22 GMT 2012

On 2012-11-26 at 08:07:58 +1100, Steve Bennett wrote:
> To be honest, I'm not sure I even see the value in coding year groups -
> what does "year_group=7-12" tell you that "Blah Blah High School" doesn't?
> The use case of a parent choosing where to send their kids is such a rare
> one, and involves so much other research that I don't think having that
> factoid in OSM achieves much.

A warning for drivers that they risk:

* hordes of elementary-age children running around and trying to
  get themselves killed by a passing car;
* hordes of SUV-driving parents trying to park exactly in front
  of the school;
* hordes of high-school students on scooters or cars they still
  don't know how to drive.

Of course you would also need typical entry and exit times, but
I can see value for these informations on a router. :)

Elena ``of Valhalla'' - who is waving her walking stick while talking,
and feels that they all should get off her lawn!