[Tagging] Proposed feature - age groups in schools

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:51:17 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think 'state school' is more common.  I don't think any English speaker
> would say 'government school'.

https://www.google.com/search?q="government+school"+site%3A.au

I think the most neutral terms here (Australia) are "goverment school" and
"independent school" (which also includes Catholic ones).

We would understand the term "state school" to mean "run by the state" (in
the sense of Victoria, NSW, etc). Fortunately, primary and secondary
education here is indeed a state matter.

Anyway, I second the call for OSM to focus on the geospatial aspects of the
schools (could include catchment areas), and to store "database of school
information" stuff in, well, a database of school information.

Steve