[Tagging] Proposed feature - age groups in schools / ISCED update

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:21:39 GMT 2012

Am 29/nov/2012 um 06:42 schrieb Andreas Labres <list at lab.at>:

> BTW, there are many cases where more than one type of school reside in the same
> building/campus, eg. Volks- + Haupt/Mittelschule (6-15).

This is similar to shops, and i believe we could similarily distinguish here between 2 or more schools in the same building/site (a butcher and a bakery in the same building) and one school that offers education for different school levels/types (a department store)

> BTW, there should be a tag to differenciate the official school system from,
> say, driving/diving/dancing/whatever schools. The existence of an ISCED tag
> would give that. BTW, if ISCED, only ISCED2011 should be considered.

IMHO driving/diving/dancing/dolphin/whatever schools should not be tagged with amenity=school.

Cheers,
Martin