[Tagging] How to solve the problem with relation overload?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:29:13 GMT 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are we sure that those relations provide more information than they
> prevent to be provided?

In the example you are pointing, 6 of the 9 relations are for the Bus
311. I never map public transport relations but I've seen its modeling
expanding very far in complexity in recent time (fault is also because
some routes are complexe anyway). The amount of route relations will
increase in the future, this is unavoidable. I personally don't care
about such relations until they make our normal edits unmanageable.
One solution could be to bring super-relations in general use. Or find
another modeling for routes (e.g. with intersection nodes only).

Pieren