[Tagging] Hiking trail marker

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:40:16 BST 2012

Hello,

How should I tag this?  It is a trail marker on a hiking trail in Korea.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Geochang_scribe#What.27s_this.3F

There are several of them, at various points on each trail.  The purpose is to
indicate where you are on the trail, and also when requesting help due to
accidents or other incidents to report your location to rescuers.

It's probably related to tourism=information, information=guidepost, but it's
not quite the same (and we do have conventional signposts here).  I'd almost
be inclined to invent something like information=trail_marker, but does
anyone have similar marker posts in other countries?  How are they tagged?

Thanks,

Andrew