[Tagging] Naming boundary ways

sylvain letuffe liste at letuffe.org
Thu Oct 4 16:36:45 BST 2012

Frederik Ramm wrote
> You mean like this
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1111111
> or this
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/11980
>
> (...)
> That would work for situations like the
> first example but not for the second where individual sub-regions have
> been collected into a larger whole - which also makes sense.

I'm interested in possible errors, have you found something that make you
think your second example is differently constructed than your first ?
We constructed the relation 11980 the same way 1111111 was (or was it the
other way round ?).
ie : a collection of collection of ways building a multipolygon in the end
(France area)
It just so happen that some members of 11980 are also sub-regions forming
closed boundaries, like an island is... because that's what they are :
islands.

But I have to admit its currenlty a bit hard to look after such giant
relation and possible mis-construction could lurk in

--
sly