[Tagging] Naming boundary ways

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Oct 4 17:33:30 BST 2012

> I had assumed it was constructed differently but maybe it isn't.
ok

It might, but if it does, it shouldn't as it would be an error as far as what
we have documented for it is concerned.
But since one french contributor has decided against all others's will and
local practices to change as he see fit several times, your comment raised in
my mind the idea that he might have tried it again.

> There's
> a relation in Chile where the admin=4 relation consists of all the
> admin=6 relations or so, this is what I meant with different concept.

Spain as well is using those subarea role constructions (in addition to the
other model)
We spent countless hours in France evaluating the pros and cons of both
methods but ultimetly coundn't decide wich was better so we sticked to what
we called the "boundary model" (in opposition to the "surfaces sum model")

But that is off topic.

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org