[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Difficult passability

Konfrare Albert lakonfrariadelavila at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:59:02 BST 2012

Thanks Phil for your comments,

I didn't create a discussion page within the OSM wiki because I only wanted
make a proposal to OsmAnd's developers, for include a existing key in OSM
to personalize calculating routes for pedestrians. When appeared
complications because there wasn't a existing key in OSM, I decided to make
a proposal for a key: my first proposal, I'm a rookie ;)

I also thought that there are temporary parts in the proposal, but really
there are many elements that are temporary: shops and offices that close,
the traffic signals that are changed, broken bollards (that permite the
pass), speed cameras that are changed of position, chopped trees, public
transport that changes its route, etc...

I think that the map always needs someone prepared to monitor the situation
because elements will change continuously. If a repair of bridge was two
years in OSM, perhaps until then this information wasn't too important for
nobody.

If you go to walk in a path with «dense vegetation» or with a «fallen
tree», and you are disposed to cross it... Perhaps you will have a joy when
you see that isn't the obstacle there ... conversely (if you unknown the
difficulty) you could have a problem when you find this (also is
problematic find a shop with OsmAnd -for example- and when you arrive, see
that already it  doesn't exist)

Thanks a lot!
Best regards,

ALBERT