[Tagging] Naming boundary ways - the — separation character

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 20:26:43 BST 2012

2012/10/10 sly (sylvain letuffe) <liste at letuffe.org>:
> words) on which he replied that I was the only one arguing against and that
> every one was happy with a — instead of more common characters like / - or
> whatever.

I think that "-" is not a good choice because there are some places
that already have the hyphen in their official name, like
Castrop-Rauxel or Dessau-Roßlau for instance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrop-Rauxel

There is also a common use of "/" to distinguish places (e.g.
Frankfurt/Main, Schwedt/Oder, where Main and Oder are rivers used to
distinguish the cities/towns from others, but maybe we could use the
also common Frankfurt(Main) and Schwedt(Oder) instead, not sure if we
need this at all, I think the official name would be "Frankfurt am
Main" or "Schwedt an der Oder" and the above citations are short forms
of it).

cheers,
Martin