[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Product

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 21:33:36 BST 2012

2012/10/11 Richard Smith <rich at haveyougotanypets.com>:
> Hi All
>
> I have finished work on a proposal for the key value: product (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:product ) which I
> have created to support my approved feature: kiln (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made=kiln ).
> Currently OSM has wide support for features that have agricultural output in
> the form of the key: produce (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:produce ) but little support for
> output in terms of manufacturing. This proposal aims to further define the
> two with the goal of providing clear guidance on their continued separate
> usage in the future.

Nice proposal. Actually product is already in use (apparently for the
same purpose you made your proposal for, but I didn't check this in
detail), maybe there are some mappers on this list who used the tag in
precedence and can explain how:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/product#values

IMHO this tag was already "approved by voting", as it was included in
your recently approved kiln-proposal, but feel free to have more
discussion on the definition details.

cheers,
Martin