Konfrare Albert lakonfrariadelavila at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:47:32 BST 2012

Hi!

I'm reconsidering my proposal...
Before introduce in the wiki, I wanted to show you a scheme of the
purpose... to see the viability of this.
I nedd help and comments ;)

I think that the name «Difficult
Passability»<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Difficult_Passability>could
be changed for
*«Obstacle=*»* (I see that this name is used in OSM:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/obstacle#values especially in
Germany).

For values, I want to propose:
- *obstacle=yes*
- *obstacle=fallen_tree*
- *obstacle=dense_vegetation* --> you could combined with
seasonal=yes<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:seasonal>
- *obstacle=unevenness* ---> when you probably need hands, but not only in
technical hiking also could be a small wall of 1,5 meters height that you
should overcome to continue the route, for example. It could be combined
with «Safety measures on hiking
trail»<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Safety_measures_on_hiking_trails>
- *obstacle=narrowness* (like this:
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4315/11passetdelarabosa.jpg )
- *obstacle=water* --> and you could combine with
ford=yes<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ford>,
for example or natural=wetland<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dwetland>

I'm not sure what to do with the value *obstacle=with_precipe*... ¿Rename
it? ¿Omit it? ¿*obstacle=precipice*? ¿*obstacle=cliff*?

A *«obstacle_description=*»* key could be added for text (especially if
only *obstacle=yes* you use).

The key refers to pedestrian and generalizes for bicycles or motor
vehicles... perhaps a obstacle affects only to motor vehicles...
In this case, could be interesting to use especification like in the key
access <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access>?
*obstacle:horse=yes*, for example?

Thanks a lot!!
--
*KONFRARE ALBERT*
La Konfraria de la Vila del Pingüí de La Palma