[Tagging] Standard for external links to location based services

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:57:52 BST 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Simone Saviolo
<simone.saviolo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that contact info of an amenity (allow me to group shops,
> restaurants, bars, and companies under that umbrella just for a minute)
> should be considered all of equal importance.

They are amenities that stay for long time like post offices. And
amenities that are changing very fast like shops and restaurants. I
think OSM should concentrate on the first. OSM is not a google-like
bot scanning the web to build automatically a yellow-page db.
Surveying things like commercial streets are inevitably outdated
quickly. I would say that "amenities" that cannot be found in
wikipedia should be considered as commercial advertising.

Pieren