Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:22:56 BST 2012

2012/10/12 Eric Sibert <courrier at eric.sibert.fr>:
> - a narrow bridge i.e. you can't cross a vehicle in opposite direction. We
> may use width=* but it is difficult to get it precisely. obstacle=narrowness

you could use lanes=1 on the narrow parts. "narrowness" is a very
relative concept and I wouldn't encourage you to use it, IMHO it is
better to use width (or est_width) also with rough estimates  it will
still be more useful.

> - a bridge or a raft with a bad link to the road/track i.e. a step at each
> end of the bridge/raft. obstacle=unevenness ? or obstacle=step? For me
> unevenness is to soft for what you describe.

split the way and put a short highway=steps, step_count=1

> - a road on a dam or a bridge have been damaged : a bailey bridge
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailey_bridge) have been temporary (for ten
> years ;-) ) added on it.

is this an obstacle, or is it simply another type of bridge
construction? If it is an obstacle the tagging should line out in what
the obstacle consists (smoothness, width, maxweight, ...)

In general the change to "obstacle" as key seems consistent with what
you want to express. I would refrain from narrowness and water, as
there are already other ways to express them.

cheers,
Martin