[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Obstacle

Konfrare Albert lakonfrariadelavila at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:34:24 BST 2012

Thanks Andrew,

I understand your position, but I want to note that my proposal focuses in
pedestrians.
No value is really a danger to pedestrians, but is an impediment.
In the same way, the values given should not be a danger to cyclists,
horse riders or drivers ... only depends on the ability that everyone has to
overcome the obstacle.

Regards

ALBERT

2012/10/13 Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com>

> I second the name "hazard".  This covers obstacles and dangerous areas.
>
> Any hazard can be shown as a simple icon by any software.  Specific hazards
> can be parsed from the values and shown with a specific icon if necessary.
>
> If a landslide blocks the road, then just break the way.  Routing software
> will then avoid that route.  If the landslide blocks part of the road then
> modify the way to lanes=1, maxspeed=20 for example.  This should cause
> routers to avoid the route except for access.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andrew
>
> On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 23:07:49 Konfrare Albert wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I added the value obstacle=heap (the opposite of hole), that could be
> > formed by fallen rocks, debris, etc... -->
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Obstacle#Tagging(the
> > last value for the key in the table)
> >
> > Also I added a mention to landslides -->
> >
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Obstacle#Other_obstacl
> >es
> >
> > Thanks for suggestions and comments.
> > Regards
> >
> > ALBERT
> >
> > 2012/10/13 Graham Jones <grahamjones139 at gmail.com>
> >
> > > Hazard = ....  for things like broken barriers?   Actually hazard could
> > > work for things like landslides and fallen trees too?
> > >
> > > Graham
> > >
> > > from my phone.

*KONFRARE ALBERT*
La Konfraria de la Vila del Pingüí de La Palma
WEB:            http://www.konfraria.org
TWITTER:     http://twitter.com/La_Konfraria
FACEBOOK:
http://ca-es.facebook.com/people/Konfraria-Vila-Del-Pingui/100001918952076