[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Obstacle

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:18:29 BST 2012

I second the name "hazard".  This covers obstacles and dangerous areas.

Any hazard can be shown as a simple icon by any software.  Specific hazards
can be parsed from the values and shown with a specific icon if necessary.

If a landslide blocks the road, then just break the way.  Routing software
will then avoid that route.  If the landslide blocks part of the road then
modify the way to lanes=1, maxspeed=20 for example.  This should cause
routers to avoid the route except for access.

Best wishes,

Andrew