[Tagging] Narrow Bridge (was: Reconstructing «Dificult passability» proposal to «Obstacle»)

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat Oct 13 23:12:42 BST 2012

I can see nothing wrong with tagging a single track road as lanes =1.
Single track roads are rarely the same width along their entire length, and the term will be understood by UK drivers. Usual width is, I would guess, between 2.5 and 3 metres, but this varies. Sometimes, but not often there are signed passing places.
Adding width tags to every single track road will be a lit of work, whereas selecting and tagging lanes=1 is easy.

The more difficult ones, which are wide enough for 2 cars to pass, these are the ones not wife enough for a centre line. These do need a width tag.
On many roads the centre line is intermittent as the road width varies.
These need the way to be split.

 Phil
--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 13/10/2012 20:12 Martin Vonwald (imagic) wrote:

Am 13.10.2012 um 14:48 schrieb Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com>:

> I don't like the "lanes" tag where there are no lines on the street, it misses the point.

It completely misses the point! The lanes tag should only be used for lanes that are somehow marked - usually with lines.

A narrow bridge is a narrow bridge: a bridge with a small width. Therefore simply use the width key.

Martin

janjko at gmail.com