[Tagging] Narrow Bridge (was: Reconstructing «Dificult passability» proposal to «Obstacle»)

David ``Smith'' vidthekid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 23:30:50 BST 2012

On Oct 13, 2012 5:45 PM, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2012/10/13 Martin Vonwald (imagic) <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> > Am 13.10.2012 um 14:48 schrieb Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com>:
> >
> >> I don't like the "lanes" tag where there are no lines on the street,
it misses the point.

> > It completely misses the point! The lanes tag should only be used for
lanes that are somehow marked - usually with lines.

> living in an area with a scarce tendency to mark lanes I disagree.
> Lanes is a useful information also when there are no marked lanes, or
> only partially marked lanes.

Even on 2-lane roads with painted lane markings, a narrow bridge might lack
such markings, even edge lines, indicating one lane which is the full width
of the bridge.  Warning signs in advance of the bridge may or may not use
the phrase "one-lane bridge", but effectively it is nonetheless.