[Tagging] Conditional restrictions accepted – turn restrictions ahead?

Eckhart Wörner ewoerner at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 16:15:35 GMT 2012

Hi everybody,

apparently Conditional Restrictions has become an approved feature, even though nobody mentioned it here. While I still believe that this is a sub-optimal solution (and still nobody has passed the test I created earlier in the discussion, even though a lot of people tried), I have now abandoned the Extended Conditions proposal.

I guess the next step is to adopt conditional restrictions for turn restrictions, to achieve some consistency.
One possibility would be "applies" as basekey, and then conditional restriction tagging like
applies:bus=no
applies:hgv:conditional = no @ (length>12)

(the implied default being applies=no, applies:vehicle=yes)

Any volunteers? :-)

Eckhart