[Tagging] Conditional restrictions accepted – turn restrictions ahead?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 00:18:30 GMT 2012

2012/10/15 Eckhart Wörner <ewoerner at kde.org>:
> Hi everybody,
>
> apparently Conditional Restrictions has become an approved feature, even though nobody mentioned it here. While I still believe that this is a sub-optimal solution (and still nobody has passed the test I created earlier in the discussion, even though a lot of people tried), I have now abandoned the Extended Conditions proposal.
>
> I guess the next step is to adopt conditional restrictions for turn restrictions, to achieve some consistency.

are you sure that we need this? In real life I only met these in cases
where they would have already been implicit in OSM (i.e. in addition
to the signs limiting access to a road there was a turn_restriction
sign to advert the driver in advance but this wasn't restricting more
than what the road access permissions already did).

cheers,
Martin