[Tagging] Conditional restrictions accepted - turn restrictions ahead?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Oct 16 23:56:05 GMT 2012

On 17.10.2012 01:43, Eckhart Wörner wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2012, 01:31:00 schrieb Tobias Knerr:
>> This trap would not exist with restriction:hgv=*,
>> restriction:conditional=* and so on, because there you would not rely on
>> an implicit default.
>
> I agree, this might be a trap, however, this can be easily caught by editors like JOSM ("value of applies:conditional will be ignored since there are only 'yes' values").
> Also, I am not fully understanding what the value of restriction:conditional would be in your type of tagging. Maybe some complete example with all tags present?

You are right about the possibility to catch this in editors, of course.
As for examples, I hope the following two will help:

Example 1:

type = restriction
restriction:conditional = no_right_turn @ 08:00-18:00

Example 2:

restriction = only_straight_on
restriction:psv = none

Basically, use "Conditional restrictions" syntax on the restriction key
in the same manner as it would be applied to, say, maxspeed or access.

A drawback of this approach is the need to invent a value for "no
restriction" - I've called it "none" for the example above.

Tobias