[Tagging] How to tag: Legally separated ways (2nd Part)

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Oct 17 23:46:22 GMT 2012

On Oct 17, 2012 5:35 PM, "Johan C" <osmned at gmail.com> wrote:

> good thing to have this discussion. Too often I've seen OSM discussions
end up in 'everything is possible' which in the long run will prevent OSM
to ever grow-up and eventually become competitive to the commercial boys
and girls. (why the f... are millions of Android users using G.. maps and
not OSMAND, Navfree or Mapfactor?)

I haven't tried Mapfactor or Navfree yet, but OSMand is pretty godawful.
It's ugly and cluttered, doesn't support MapDust and the voice guidance is
annoying.  If I'm going to recommend something that supports OSM, it needs
to be easy to use, visually inviting and have a pleasant voice that says
something descriptive at an interval that isn't obnoxious.  Bonus points if
it has a good Mapdust interface and does lane guidance and speed alerts.

I would love to know if it's possible to get lane guidance and speed limits
into a gmapsupp.img.  If so, then Garmin brings everything but the bug
reporting interface.