[Tagging] Standard for external links to location based services

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:54:37 BST 2012

2012/10/18 Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de>

>  Cuisine often is essential even for the basic map stuff: a map about
> pizzarias vs. a map about chinese restaurants, or a map that has distinct
> icons for different food and drink facilities.
> The operator might be interesting, too, e.g. to get all parking spaces
> operated by a specific company, all bus stops operated by a particular
> public transport operator and so on, again e.g. as a map.

Good explanation, I like this. However there is still the opening hours.
How would you use it on a map? Would you make a dynamic map in which only
amenities that are open *now* are drawn? If data like this was wrong, it
would be a disaster! Amenity visibilty would be tampered with by simply
editing its opening hours!

Now I'm probably exaggerating, but the point is that opening hours is the
same kind of "OpenAmenityDirectory" information as links to web pages are.
You can't use it geographically to make a map about opening hours.

Ciao,

Simone