[Tagging] Standard for external links to location based services

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Oct 18 16:08:04 BST 2012

Hi Simone.
If the facebook page is the only - or primary website, I would agree to
use it as website.
That is sometimes the case, and I agree, that this should be in OSM as
any website at a dedicated domain or whatever.
But:
A facility that has it's own website, most likely linking to the other
ones, and uses platforms like facebook, twitter and much more for
communication or advertising means, I don't think it's valuable to add
all these to osm.

That leads to trillians of URLs in osm with hundrets of different tags,
and as a result neither the osm data consumer nor another mapper has an
idea about where to look to find crucial information about the facility
in the web.

regards
Peter