[Tagging] Mismatched Level of Detail in highways vs. other elements

Martin Vonwald (imagic) imagic.osm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 05:12:13 UTC 2013

Hi!

Am 08.04.2013 um 04:44 schrieb John Baker <rovastar at hotmail.com>:

> As you are talking about rendering of the roads. I am actually looking at this for the new cartoCSS mapnik style for osm.org.

Have you had a look at the style "Lane and road attributes" for JOSM? I know it's not a cartoCSS style but it demonstrates how a detailed road rendering could look like and with the additional capabilities of cartoCSS you should also be able to solve the "connection problem", i.e. if the number of lanes changes.

It's sad that we don't have a common style language for (at least) the major editors and renderers.

Best regards,
Martin