[Tagging] Power generation refinement: power plant model evolution

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 8 17:55:58 UTC 2013

On 08/04/2013 15:02, François Lacombe wrote:
> I finally agree with you.
> I've began to update the proposal to remove relations in all cases
> except when power plant doesn't have any physical permimeter.

Thanks!

> We must keep role=generator for all generators (no need to distinguish
> them there) in such relation since other features may be added too.
>
> Concerning output/intermediate generators, I've introduced
> generator:plant=output or generator:plant=intermediate to follow your
> readability suggestion.

I'm failing to see the justification of 'intermediate' generators. Do
you mean the boiler making steam for the steam turbine? That is an
integral part of the thermodynamic cycle that the (output) generator
operates on and shouldn't be mapped as a separate entity. The
generator:method and generator:type tags already imply the presence of
such "intermediate generators". In my opinion this 'intermediate'
generator thing should be removed from the proposal as it would just
cause confusion (it would also make the currently very complicated
proposal slightly simpler).

Ole