[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (highway=bicyle_crossing)

Alberto albertoferraris at fastwebnet.it
Thu Apr 18 17:09:02 UTC 2013

> could you explain why highway=crossing doesn't work, and why you think
there must be access-tags on the crossing node?

Because highway=crossing by default is for pedestrian. We are talking of
bicycle only crossings (not pedestrian + bicycle).
And there isn't yet an established way to tag it.
So option A) or B) or something else we can discuss here.

>> I think highway=crossing + foot=no + bicycle=designated is enough.
>>Janko
> we are turning in circles, it was already discovered in a parallel thread
that this tagging would prevent the crossing node from being traversed by
pedestrians also on the street.
> Martin

Exactly as says Martin. And I opened this thread with a proposal [1] that is
a possible solution for the problem discovered in that previous thread.
We can use also the proposal discussion page, if you want.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/bicycle_crossing

Cheers
Alberto