[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (highway=bicyle_crossing)

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Thu Apr 18 18:16:35 UTC 2013

> 2013/4/18 Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com <mailto:janjko at gmail.com>>
>
>     I think highway=crossing + foot=no + bicycle=designated is enough.
>
> we are turning in circles, it was already discovered in a parallel
> thread that this tagging would prevent the crossing node from being
> traversed by pedestrians also on the street.

It should not prevent this. We already use tags like bicycle=no on
crossings, and they do not mean that bicycles may not travel along the
street being crossed - only that this crossing is not for them.

More generally, it would be wrong to assume that any access tag on a
node within a street applies to that street. That is only the case if
used together with particular other tags, such as barrier=*.

Tobias