[Tagging] Surge tank

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 15:31:56 UTC 2013

> Le vendredi 19 avril 2013, Pieren a écrit :
>
>> I would not create a special page for this but just enhance the current
>> wiki about man_made=pipeline (in type=water section).
>>

> If I introduce a new tag, a new tag descriptive page is mandatory.
>
> If a page explain what is a pipeline system, of course I would improve it
> without create a dedicated page about surge tanks.
> But it doesn't seem to exist: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pipeline
>
> As you just showed, a new wiki page for each tag isn't mandatory, though
it may be a good idea so that others can understand and use the tag.  Tags
without wiki pages may get used quite a bit (like pipeline - see
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/pipeline#overview) and tags on the
wiki may hardly get used (ie
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:craft%3Dfalles).  Useful tags will
tend to get used even if they're not on the wiki.

That being said, since it is being used now, I started a key=pipeline page
now, so that we can document the usage.  I hope you'll expand on it!
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:pipeline

Cheers, Brad