[Tagging] access at own risk

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Aug 1 12:11:30 UTC 2013

"John F. Eldredge" <john at jfeldredge.com> writes:

> On the other hand, a road labeled as "use at your own risk" may well
> be one that is not currently being maintained, meaning that you have
> increased odds of finding it impassable due to washouts, landslides,
> and the like.  I have seen some one-lane tracks where any type of
> blockage would mean you would have to back up for a long ways before
> reaching a point where you could turn around.

Sure.  So if we actually know that, the phsyical condition tags (or
having a gap where it's not a road) are appropriate.  And roads without
that sign may not be any diffferent in condition.  If you're arguing
that a "this road may not be functional sign" should get

  notice=warning-nonfunctional

instead of a road  that merely has a connecticut-style disclaimer
getting

  notice=liability-disclaimed

then that seems fine.