[Tagging] Tradeoff

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 08:27:24 UTC 2013

2013/8/10 hannes.janetzek at gmail.com <hannes.janetzek at googlemail.com>

> Tradeoff sounds too unspecific to me. amenity=public_bookcase is used once
> already. Though here are also shelves to share other things so a bit more
> generic tag might be good. Somehow it is also related to 'give-away shop'
> without being a shop.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_bookcase

I agree that tradeoff is misleading as well. The public bookshelves I know
of don't require any kind of trade off, you are free to leave books or take
books or do both completely to your liking.

The wikipedia article about "public bookcase" seems to be a translation of
the German language article, I'd like to hear some opinion from English
native speakers whether that term seems appropriate.

cheers,
Martin