[Tagging] Some confusion in tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 09:05:33 UTC 2013

2013/8/7 amrit karmacharya <amrit.im at gmail.com>

> In roof material,
> should Galvanized zinc roof be tagged as eternit or metal or there is a
> special tag(like CGI)

Looks like there is some confusion. "Eternit" is a registered trademark for
a kind of fibre cement, and has nothing to do with zinc or metal. Usually
in the building industry the material I think you are referring to is
called galvanized steel (where zinc is used in the galvanization process to
cover the steel in order to make it less prone to rust). In the case of a
roof of facade cladding I'd use "sheet metal" (usually galvanized steel o
copper, the first being "silver" coloured, the latter black (after 1-2
years)).

cheers,
Martin