[Tagging] Tagging of topographic areas with a name

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 10:26:32 UTC 2013

Il giorno 18/ago/2013, alle ore 15:54, Yuri D'Elia <wavexx at users.sourceforge.net> ha scritto:

> Just for clarity, I was really hoping to find an already-established
> tagging scheme for these features (named topological areas, valleys),
> and bringing up the schemes I found in several other places rather than
> trying to overcomplicate things.

what is already there is mostly in the natural namespace or sometimes tagged as place=locality (mostly on nodes). Our data model (scale, db) is not suited very well for topographic areas (there are usually more low scale). A better solution would IMHO be to have multilingual shape files for this kind of data and mix them at render time

cheers,
Martin