[Tagging] Tagging of topographic areas with a name

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 23 17:05:10 UTC 2013

On 08/19/2013 11:51 PM, Masi Master wrote:
> This is a bit away from the new valley & mountain discus, but has a
> connection to the first mail.
> Tagging should be thought-out with possible examples, if we don't want
> to change the tagging or live with a bad tagging.

Another example I had just yesterday was a "lake" called "Seebergsee" in
the alps.

The lake itself is comprised of a very small persistent lake which is
well delimited, and a marsh which is filled with water during 1/3 of the
year as the snow melts.

Independently of the tagging (which is well delimited in this case), the
name refers to the lake _and_ the marsh.

Maybe there's some waterway relation magic for this specific case, but
I'd rather use some consistent topological naming of areas also for
these cases.