[Tagging] telephone lines (and marking other things we don't map)

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:56:17 UTC 2013

On 27.08.2013 16:19, Pieren wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Kytömaa Lauri <lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi> wrote:
>
>> People map what is of interest to them. Just use a tag that doesn't already mean something different.
>
> Threre is also people who doesn't want "mapbesity" or "overload of
> details when they want to edit the map" like mapping every leaf of
> every tree, even with the right tag.

+1

but poles and telephone lines are by far comparable with tagging every
tree in the park/woods.

We have already trouble with the power line system which gets
reconstructed at the moment but a similar system for telephone can work.
Please try to avoid mistakes like tagging the poles not man_made=pole
but under the "telephone" namespace.

cu

fly