[Tagging] telephone lines (and marking other things we don't map)

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Aug 27 15:05:38 UTC 2013

2013/8/27 fly <lowflight66 at googlemail.com>

> We have already trouble with the power line system which gets
> reconstructed at the moment but a similar system for telephone can work.
> Please try to avoid mistakes like tagging the poles not man_made=pole
> but under the "telephone" namespace.
>
> cu

For power systems, man_made=power_tower and man_made=power_pole are
currently proposed here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Power_transmission_refinement

We can immagine man_made=telecommunication_pole if needed.

But I'm also attracted by:
* man_made=pole + pole:type=telecommunication

which would lead us to edit the power proposal with :
* man_made=tower + tower:type=power
* man_made=pole + pole:type=power

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com