[Tagging] telephone lines (and marking other things we don't map)

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:01:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Kytömaa Lauri <lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi> wrote:
>
>> People map what is of interest to them. Just use a tag that doesn't already mean something different.
>
> Threre is also people who doesn't want "mapbesity" or "overload of
> details when they want to edit the map" like mapping every leaf of
> every tree, even with the right tag.

Yes, I'm specifically avoiding suggesting that we routinely map
telephone lines (they are very common in some places, and probably
rather hard to map consistently from aerials, compared with power
lines).  I'm just concerned with what to do with things that have been
tagged incorrectly once, and, if simply deleted, might be re-mapped
incorrectly again; in this case, leaving a reminder effectively saying
"this is not a power line although it looks like one on Bing".

__John